Saturday, August 8, 2015

U is Ugly!



It's that time again!  Edna challenges you to use up that UGLY paper in your stash.  I'm sure you have some.  It could be the patterned paper that you liked 10 years ago.  It could be the paper that came as part of a pack.  Or could it be that you couldn't resist a great sale?  

I found my ugly paper.  I was surprised how much ugly paper that I do have.  My daughter had to help me select the ugliest of them all.  



The ugly paper is the background floral paper.  I don't think that it looks too bad here, however as a 12x12" sheet it was frighteningly eye breaking.  I even added the printed ribbon, which I find at times ugly, but I just knew I was going to be able to use somewhere!

I hope I don't have to make another ugly card for the rest of the year.  It's hard to get motivated when you have to work with something you are not excited about.  I didn't even bother to add snark! This challenge did make me rethink the amount of paper that I have hoarded. I think it's now ok to let some go, especially after it was so hard to choose the ugliest. Those papers are not going back into my stash!

Please visit our Guest Designer,  our current Queen of Snark, Stephanie and the other Sisters of Snarky Stampers for ugly paper inspiration. It's time to go through that ugly paper and let it go!

To play along with the sisterhood you have until 11:55 pm (EDT) on Friday August 21st to upload your project. Maybe YOU will be crowned Queen or Princess of Snark and win one of our awesome badges to display proudly on your blog!





3 comments:

Donna said...

You're right...the ugly paper is less disgusting when you cut it up and use pieces of it...and cover some of it up with a big bird lol

Barbara Godden said...

Most of my ugly paper is at home which of course I wasn't thinking ahead, I agree ugly paper is daunting in 12 X 12 format. but used in a design doesn't look so ugly all that aside fabulous job.

Lindsey said...

I'll be honest here... yep, that's ugly paper. :P And yet you turned it into a card that you can give without shame.