Friday, August 31, 2012

Back to School Supply Tutorial

I faintly remember using college ruled filler paper in school.  I remember that the ink of the lines would run when the paper got wet.  But since it has been a few (cough) years since I have been out of school, I had forgotten this property of paper.

I had forgotten, that is, until I rediscovered runny,  wet lines on accident.  Yes, through accident and laziness, I discovered how to transfer lines onto a Snoopy card that I made for my niece's birthday.  I had inked the edges of the card with Distress Ink, but I thought that the green turned out too dark.  I didn't want to start over, so I spritzed the card with water and stuck it between the pages of a notebook for a quick dry while I worked on something else.

Well, when I pulled the card out of the notebook, there was some green left, but I had also added blue lines.  I apologize, but I did not snap a pic of the card, but I have made this tutorial for you.

I made some journaling cards, inked with Distress Ink, then spritzed with water.

 I then applied the journaling cards to various back-to-school supplies.

This is my notebook which led me to my happy accident.


Sorry for opening your graph paper, dear daughter. Not really, because I bought it and promise to buy you more when you begin doing rise over run in math.


The Graph Composition notebook was a transfer loser!



Here is a peek at how my final journaling card looked.

It's not a very bold technique, but I think it adds a bit of depth to the journaling card.  Come back tomorrow to see my reveal for The Paper Mixing Bowl!  Until tomorrow!

2 comments:

Cheryl (C Mom Go) said...

Girl now that is a way cool and unique technique that is one of those, "now why didn't I think of that?" Excellent and easy to follow tut, and awesome technique that I be using! Thanks bunches!!!

reneabouquets said...

Oh Lee, I love how that looks! Don't you just love accidents that turn into something fabulous? Fantastic technique and TFS!